Globalyst is a real-time web applications localization enabler that helps in translating and managing global content. By turning internationalization and localization testing workflows into immediately executable automation, Globalyst helps to evaluate the comprehensive readiness of websites and applications.
Now you can easily identify and fix your globalization issues before the translation engagement and also coherently reduce cost, minimize efforts and improve time to market.
Pseudo-localize your website and applications to determine their localization readiness with ease. Globalyst provides an effective and immediate approach to verify web content without interfering with the source code. No engineering required; run it as a non-intrusive pre-localization step in your web application localization process.
Globalyst allows you to pseudo-localize complex strings, within a host of HTML tags, and includes the following pseudo-localization parameters:
Accents – Replace string characters with accented characters to help you identify parts of the output that are hard-coded in the applications and not available in the resource bundles provided for localization.
Controlled Expansion – Expand strings based on the standard target language expansion rules to make strings longer. This helps you to show where the user interface doesn't give enough space for languages that result in longer strings, and either wraps awkwardly or truncates.
Custom String Wrappers – Wrap strings with prefixes, suffixes, brackets, braces, characters or a mix of different characters to provide visual cues for the entire string. This helps you easily detect any string truncations and concatenation issues.
What can you Pseudo-Localize?
Pseudo-localize resource bundles
Upload your resource bundles to Globalyst and get pseudo localized files instantly.
The following standard file types are supported (properties, XML, txt, and xlsx)
Automated Layout Testing
Globalyst lets you instantly test your website and applications for UI issues pre and post-localization.
- Verify that the GUI appears correctly across all target languages.
- Auto-detect text overlap, text truncation, text-wrap and overflow issues.
- Take the pressure off manual LAT: increase coverage, test faster & more accurately.
- Identify and file UI bugs before localization.
Localization Acceptability Testing
Localization Acceptability Testing can be a challenging process unless testers are domain experts and can replicate your complex test cases. The challenges are magnified if you need them to be part of your agile process and have access to the hosted builds, most often within your firewall.
Testers are equally challenged as they have to work with multiple tools to mark and log bugs.
Globalyst provides an easy workflow for your complete LAT process right from project assignment to bug reporting. Improve your LAT efficiency by 45%, do away with all manual processes and help testers to obtain more coverage of test cases.
How can you perform LAT?
Perform LAT on hosted site
Launch your website or application in Globalyst.
Mark bugs on the screen, grab a screenshot and log them with a single click.
Export bugs into formats that can work with your quality management system.
Why should Globalyst be important to your globalization strategy?
- Pre-translate your UI and pre-empt all the localization defects instead of having to deal with them at the end of your localization lifecycle.
- Integrate Globalyst workflow into your agile development process to identify and fix I18n and L10n issues before the complete product localization.
- Typically, waiting for the applications to be completely localized to start your localization activities can bring a significant lag to your go-to-market schedules.
- Most often, the UI and test changes are halted until the development, and it is not the most cost-effective way to translate the UI text right in the beginning of the development cycle. Globalyst can effectively be used by machine translation engine to have a preview of the translated UI.